Sunday, March 21, 2010

To Homeschool Or Not To Homeschool

In my previous blog I mentioned that our only option for school is the private school that my son has been going to and that financially this is going to be hard on us. That's not really my ONLY option. My other option is homeschool, something I never wanted to consider but it makes the most sense right now financially with me not working. We could probably manage to pay for school next year but it would be extremely stressful and uncomfortable. I don't know how I could honestly fit it into my already busted budget.

He is our only child and very outgoing, social at school. I found out that there are homeschool organizations though, so I can be involved in one of those and he would be able to socialize with other kids that way. He is also in soccer for both seasons every year, will be in baseball again and takes piano all year round. So, I don't think he will be lacking too much on in the social area. Homeschool would probably only take us four hours at the most to do and he would learn more than he currently is.

I just feel bad for him. He has so many friends and I feel like I'm robbing him of that. I have to think realistically though and it's just not smart. How are we ever going to be able to save money to move, if we can't even afford to pay our current bills? I'm going to have to sit down and figure out how to save money by eliminating or decreasing some of our bills.

Anyone else have any advice or personal experiences they can share with me about homeschool?

No comments:

Post a Comment